Good Morning! Sorry I have been M.I.A. for a few days. I had a wisdom tooth removed and I have been attempting to recover!
Today, I bring you my first monthly challenge of 2018 – cut out sugar from my diet for a month! I have always wondered what it would do to my body to remove sugar from my diet. I have also wondered how hard it might be?? I am ready to find out! At first, I was being very analytical about what this would entail. Do I cut all sugar? Do I just remove added sugar? Do I stop eating fruit? The list goes on and on. I thought it might help if I made myself a list of rules to follow. I’d like to share those with you today. Although anyone can follow these rules, I made them specific to my lifestyle.
- Rule 1: No added sugar, honey, sweeteners, etc. This means NO SUGAR IN MY COFFEE :(. This is the worst rule. I hate this rule. I love my coffee and the little bit of sugar that goes in it. Anyways…. no added sugar to any foods or drinks.
- Rule 2: Drink lots of water and limit your intake of sugary drinks. This one won’t be hard. I drink one cup of coffee a day and about 60 oz of water. Easy peasy!
- Rule 3: Limit your intake of fruits. Do not remove them from your diet. Just watch how much you eat. Fruit contains natural sugars that can sneak up on you if you aren’t careful. Same goes for vegetables – not as much sugar but be mindful. Natural sugars are good for you in moderation. Added sugars are NOT!
- Rule 4: No candy or sweets! (It’s only one month… you CAN do it).
- Rule 5: Log everything you eat! Look at the nutrition facts for everything you eat! I use MyFitnessPal to track what I eat everday. According to my app, my daily limit of sugar is 62g. This is too much. I am going to set a goal that everyday for the month of February, I do not go over 30 grams of sugar. *I may revise this…. We shall see how it goes.*
I hope you join me in cutting out sugar for the month of February! If you have any tips/tricks please feel free to share! I will give monthly updates on my challenge is going. As well as, what cutting out sugar does to my body and mind! I hope to be more energized by the end of February!
P.S. It’s the last day of January…. go enjoy some donuts and sugary coffee. I know I am!