Resurfacing (Pun Intended)
I have been M.I.A for the last few months – I apologize! I have had so much going on. One of the main projects that kept me from blogging, was renovating/moving into our first house! With the help of my dad, Nick & I have the most beautiful house to build our lives and our relationship in. It was a project though! With a lot of blood, sweat, tears, & hard work – we are finally moved in. Although we still have some furnishing to do, I thought I would share with you the before and after pictures of our humble abode! 🙂
A little background on what we did to the house:
- Opened up two walls to create an open concept.
- Raised the floor in the original garage (turned master bedroom – now turned living room) to become our new living room.
- Sanded and stained all of the original hardwood floors.
- Installed new kitchen/hallway/bathroom flooring.
- Completely gutted the bathroom.
- Fresh coat of paint in all rooms.
- New carpet in living room.
- All new trim.
- Things I can’t remember…
I haven’t included pictures of every bedroom because we still aren’t unpacked all the way – oops! And other than paint, new stain, and trim – not much changed in the bedrooms. We have also been able to do some landscaping work and decorate our home some more than these pictures offer. We’ve been focusing on enjoying our time together in our new house and haven’t gotten the chance to take pictures. Like I said – this was a lot of work. But we could not have done it without my father, and for that I am forever grateful. I am also grateful for getting to experience renovating a home. Nick & I learned many valuable life lessons along the way. Please enjoy the photos and the beautiful craftsmanship that my dad does! #BrownDogArt&Design
Next Project: Get Married <3