Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
This chicken and wild rice soup is delicious, easy, and tastes just like the real thing! The recipe made enough to serve about 6-8 people and my prep time was maybe 10 minutes. This will definitely be staying on my list. When it is rainy out, like it has been for about a week now, I love to make soup! It’s the perfect dish to warm me up.
- ½ cup finely diced carrots
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or finely diced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3-ounce box of Rice a Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice+ seasoning packet
- Throw all of your ingredients, EXCEPT the chicken, into a slow cooker. Give it a good stir.
- Once stirred, lay the chicken breasts at the bottom. Cover your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 5 hours.
- Take the chicken breasts out and shred them. Add the shredded chicken back into the soup. ENJOY! J
Ya’ll… it’s that simple! Seriously. Have a great Thursday! And stay tuned for two more recipes this week/weekend! Check out the list here!
Thanks to Wishes n Dishes for the great recipe!