Valentine’s Day Treat #1
These cake pops are so simple to make and they are absolutely delicious! They make the perfect Valentine’s Day gift! Check out how I used mine for Valentine’s Day!
- Strawberry Cake Mix
- Strawberry Icing
- Melting Chocolate (I used almond bark and Dark Chocolate Ghirardelli Melting Wafers)
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Buy your favorite Strawberry Cake Mix and bake it according to the instructions on the box. One box of cake mix makes about 18-20 cake pops, depending on how large you make them. Let the cake cool and then cut the edges and top and bottom layer off. This is to remove any crunchy or brown pieces. Put your cake in a large mixing bowl and crumble it up into really small pieces. Almost like sand.
- Mix in about 3/4 of a can of Strawberry Icing. Mix well until there are no more clumps of icing.
- Use a spoon/tablespoon/ice cream scoop to portion out the cake pops. Roll in your hands to form a ball. Place all cake balls on a parchment paper covered tray and put in fridge for 2-4 hours.
- After the cake balls are done cooling, heat up your melting chocolate by following the instructions on the bag. Dip one of the cake pop sticks into the melting chocolate and stick it into the cake ball. Then, dip the whole cake ball into the chocolate.
- If you’d like, decorate the cake pops with your favorite sprinkles!
- Enjoy your tasty treats! 🙂